When I saw this pattern I immediately knew I wanted to try it. The original was knitted in a variegated yarn, but I wanted to create my own “paint palette” by combining different yarns.
And as any self-respecting knitter would, I bought a whole stash of yarn. A perfect fit for this pattern, although the alpaca was thinner than the yarn in the original pattern.
So I had to rework the pattern. I added my own touches, like the picot seams and the blocks at the bottom. I combined the alpaca with sock wool I had hand dyed myself.
I loved the effect, but it still ended up being one of those garments that lay in a cupboard for a long time while I was figuring out how to fasten it. That is, until I got my brain wave for “movable buttons”.
This garment is for sale. if you are interested, please contact me via e-mail. The address is under “contact” at the top of the blog page.